Thursday, February 22, 2018

This is us

I realized that I have jumped right into the story without first introducing the rest of us properly. I'm hoping that some of you readers are "from away" as we Mainers say. I just joined Facebook for the first time in 4 or 5 years in the hopes of promoting this blog to spread awareness about KCNQ2 and other types of epilepsy. For those of you who don't know us personally, heres a brief introduction. For those of you who do know us personally, this is why you haven't heard from me in a long time. 

This is my husband Patrick.  He's a keeper. He loves the outdoors, sports, and music.  He's very outgoing and well-rounded. Despite the serious face in this photo, he's got a great sense of humor. He's a fantastic dad, a great husband, and an all-around awesome guy. I'm lucky to have a husband that lets me be me and makes me laugh. He works hard for our family and we love him to pieces. I honestly can't say enough good things about him. He keeps me from falling apart most of the time. In a time where so many people are busy tearing each other down, we hold each other up. I am proud to be called his wife.



These are our daughters, Cadence and Addison. They are not only sisters, they are best friends. They are good for each other. They love books, art, music, movies, making messes, and driving me crazy.  They love hiking, fishing, camping and school. We just got back from a trip to the library for February vacation. They love the library, but we don't get there much during the school year. The picture below is of a trip to Hedgehog Mountain in Freeport Maine. They love all animals, even gross wiggly, prickly ones like the grasshopper in Cady's hand in the picture. They love everyone and everything. Especially each other.


These are our pets. Shady Lane is the twelve year old Husky/Shepard mix. Tela is a  two year old Samoyed. The cat is Zelda. All girls. My poor husband is the only male in the household. They all play and coexist with out much shenanigans. 


 This is me, Erin. I love hiking, fishing and camping. I like music, reading, writing, cooking, and movies. I like quiet things. I keep to myself.  My humor is dark and witty. The kids take up most of my time, and I am happy with that.



That's us! We are happy despite the obstacles life throws at us. Thank you so much for staying tuned. The good and bad news is that we'll probably always have quite a lot of stories to share with you all. Our hope is that after you read it, you share it and it reaches others and touches their hearts as well. Share it with friends and family on social media and by word of mouth. See you next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment

What's New?

I have not posted in ages. It feels strange to sit here and stare at the cursor blinking on the blank page.  I just have to post this today,...